Docs preparing to convert to Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 Unported license

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Mon Oct 5 21:52:42 UTC 2009

Today, the Docs team finalized the conversion of the licensing of our
documentation and project content from the Open Publication License
(OPL) to a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License
(CC-BY-SA). Docs originally reached a consensus to change the license in
June 2009, and after answering questions raised by the community, the
Docs team decided to go ahead with the transition.

While OPL is a free and open documentation license, moving to a more
widely known and adopted license and the one used by the likes of
Wikipedia and GNOME Project helps us share our content more easily with
the rest of the Free software community.

Additional information can be found at:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Relicensing_OPL_to_CC_BY_SA

We'd like to thank Tom 'spot' Callaway, Fedora's legal ninja, and
Richard Fontana of Red Hat Legal for their help with the conversion. We
look forward to continue working with the community and share our
documentation freely.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>
  "Why, a four-year-old could understand this report.