Students - You are invited to submit proposals for Fedora Summer Coding 2010

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 20:29:00 UTC 2010

Start here –
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_2010#You_are_a_student

But here is some more, in case you want to read it.  (From
http://iquaid.org/2010/04/08/students-you-are-invited-to-submit-proposals-for-fedora-summer-coding-2010/)

We are rapidly constructing this summer coding program.  We know what
we are doing, but because of timing, we are building the
infrastructure, process, and requirements as we go.  It’s like moving
in to a house while the scaffolding is still outside.  The Fedora
Project makes it easy to do stuff like this, since the plumbing and
stuff are already in place.  (Enough of that metaphor …)

Since mentors have another week, until 14 April, to finish the ideas
page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_2010_ideas

The page is growing and changing until then.  Check back often, put a
watch on the page, and immediately begin communicating with the
mentors of any ideas that you are interested in.  The best place to
talk with mentors is the discussion list:

If you can’t participate this year, such as the timing being off for
your summer plans or you want more certainty, good luck to you for
this summer.  Check back in; we intend to do this again (and again),
and it is going be better after all this learning we’re doing:

http://iquaid.org/2009/02/28/failure-as-the-secret-of-success/

If you celebrate summer at a different time of the year, such as if
you are in the stunningly huge population of people in the Southern
Hemisphere, do you think we should keep rolling this program to do a
summer-for-the-south version?  Stay tuned, or help organize it:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_Coding_SIG#How_can_you_help.3F

- Karsten