Formally announcing FUDCon: Paris and FUDCon: Lawrence.

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue May 8 14:06:41 UTC 2012

As many of you know, FUDCon is the abbreviation for Fedora Users and
Developers Conference, an event we typically hold 4 times per year in
various regions of the world.  These events are proposed and arranged
largely by Fedora contributors, and are designed to be events where
contributors and those new to Fedora can learn, share, hack, and
participate in various aspects of the Fedora Project.

It is with great pleasure that I am formally announcing two upcoming
FUDCons:

FUDCon for the EMEA region in 2012 will be held in Paris, France,
October 13-15, 2012 [1].  This particular event will be held over those
days in two locations; the first day, Saturday the 13th, will be held at
the Eurosites Georges V facility, in conjunction with the Open World
Forum (OWF) [2], and on the 14th and 15th at Universcience. I'd like to
thank Kevin Raymond and the rest of the FUDCon Paris team for putting
together this bid, and for working with OWF to procure space during that
event for the first day of FUDCon; I think that this will be an
interesting opportunity to showcase Fedora to a captive audience that is
passionate about open source.  I would also like to thank the other
teams who submitted bids for the EMEA region.

The next FUDCon for North America will be held in Lawrence, Kansas, on
the 18th through 20th of January, 2013 [3], at the University of
Kansas.  While you can peruse the bidding page [4] for details, I'd like
to note that Lawrence is home to many awesome things: It is the birth
place of the Django Project, was pinpointed as the "center of the earth"
in Google Earth, was the home of William Burroughs, is the location of
the awesomely-named Free State Brewing Company, has been named a top-ten
college town, and most importantly, is the collegiate location of our
resident Wiki Czar and Doer of Stuff, Ian Weller, who, as you may have
guessed, was also the author of this FUDCon bid. A big thank-you! to Ian
for volunteering to put this together.

FUDCon planning continues, in grand tradition, to be open to everyone
for participation; if you are interested in contributing to the
discussion or lending a helping hand, I encourage you to subscribe to
the FUDCon planning mailing list [5].

Cheers,

Robyn

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Paris_2012