FUDCon Lawrence: Subsidy requests are open, and general travel reminders

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 20:06:59 UTC 2012

Greetings, Fedora friends, near and far:

There's no place like FUDCon, and you don't want to miss this one! The
2013 North American FUDCon will be held in Lawrence, Kansas, on the
campus of the University of Kansas. If you are planning on attending,
it's never too early to pre-register and start thinking about your
travel plans, and it's never too soon for us to remind you doing these
things! :)

FUDCon Lawrence will take place January 18-20, 2013.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Lawrence_2013

A few travel-oriented notes:

HOTEL: Rooms at the FUDCon hotel can be booked now. We have a block of
rooms at the Springhill Suites in Lawrence; please book your room by
December 14 to take advantage of the rates, though sooner is always
better. Hotel booking information is on the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Lawrence_2013#Lodging

AIRPORT TO LAWRENCE TRAVEL: If you need a ride to Lawrence from the
Kansas City airport, once you know your flight itinerary, add it to our
flights page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Lawrence_2013/Flights

Then click your heels three times and say, "There's no place like Spot's
SuperVan!" ... seriously, though, we will have various people organizing
rides to and from the airport.

* * *

We are now also officially accepting subsidy requests for travel to
Lawrence. Funding requests are accepted between now (November 6) and
November 13. If you are requesting a subsidy, we just have a few steps
that we ask you to follow:

1: Register on the FUDCon Lawrence pre-registration app at:
http://fudconlawrence-ianweller.rhcloud.com/
2: Check the "Need funding?" box.
3: Create a funding request ticket in the FUDCon trac at:
https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/wiki/FundingRequest

General information about being sponsored can be found at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sponsoring_event_attendees.

Requests are processed in the order they are submitted, though generally
prioritization is giving to local travel over international travel
first. Requests will be reviewed by fellow Fedora community members at
FUDCon subsidy request meetings over the next few weeks.

The first subsidy meeting will take place on Thursday, November 15. The
time and IRC channel will be announced as we approach that day. If
necessary, a second meeting will take place Friday, November 16.

As always, participation both in planning as well as subsidy granting is
ALWAYS welcome.  Please join us on the fudcon-planning mailing list for
information about planning meetings, as well as for general FUDCon updates.

Planning mailing list: