New Fedora openid provider (fas-openid) in service

Kevin Fenzi kevin at
Wed Mar 6 00:19:50 UTC 2013

I'm happy to announce that we have moved our new OpenID identity
provider (fas-openid) into production and it's ready for general use.

OpenID allows you to use an existing identity (like a Fedora Project
account) on sites or applications that support OpenID authentication.

Fedora Project account holders can use this openid identity provider
by specifying:

on any OpenID enabled relying party application.
(Where 'username' is your Fedora Account system login).

More information is available at:

Code for this provider (under GPLv2+) is available at:

Please report any issues or problems to the Fedora infrastructure trac:

Many thanks to Patrick Uiterwijk for all the hard work on
expanding and re implementing this service.