[fedora-arm] Cross-Compilers for ARM

Manas Saksena msaksena at marvell.com
Thu Jul 12 05:10:19 UTC 2007

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 07:10:26PM -0700, Manas Saksena wrote:
>
>  > Now that we have a substantial chunk of the packages built for ARM,
>  > I think it would be interesting to see if we can build a cross-compiler
>  > that is aligned with the native toolchain. And, at this stage, we dont
>  > need to worry about bootstrapping gcc since we already have a glibc
>  > available.
>  >
>  > I think it would be useful to bundle a cross-compiler/debugger toolchain
>  > with the release even if all the other packages are built natively. As
>  > much of the development tends to be with the kernel and the
>  > applications, the cross-compiler is virtually a necessity for those.
>  >
>  > Is anyone interested in working on that?
>
> Sorry for the late reply -- see:
>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg02597.html
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg02739.html
>
> Binary i386 -> ARM packages are here:
>
>         http://www.wantstofly.org/~buytenh/cross/

I was wondering if it would be possible to package this up in a way that
would be easy to install.

For e.g., a cross-toolchain package, which requires all the other
packages -- gcc, binutils, etc. (not sure how to deal with glibc in that
context). So, you can just do:

yum install cross-toolchain-arm

and, you have everything you need.

Manas