[fedora-arm] Cross-Compilers for ARM

Manas Saksena msaksena at marvell.com
Sun Jun 24 02:10:26 UTC 2007

Now that we have a substantial chunk of the packages built for ARM,
I think it would be interesting to see if we can build a cross-compiler
that is aligned with the native toolchain. And, at this stage, we dont
need to worry about bootstrapping gcc since we already have a glibc
available.

I think it would be useful to bundle a cross-compiler/debugger toolchain
with the release even if all the other packages are built natively. As
much of the development tends to be with the kernel and the
applications, the cross-compiler is virtually a necessity for those.

Is anyone interested in working on that?

Manas