[fedora-arm] agetty in ttyS0 on the sheevaplug

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:21:01 UTC 2009

2009/8/28 Nicolas Pitre <nico at cam.org>:
> I don't know if the filesystem image has this by default, but
> configuring an agetty process on ttyS0 is really helpful.
>
>        /sbin/agetty -L ttyS0 115200
>
> This way you can log in through the USB serial link.
The fedora 10 I tried (I downloaded its rootfs) already 'somehow'
provided a agetty in ttyS0.
That's spawned through upstart, at /etc/event.d/serial (iirc). But
after logging in, in a few seconds of using bash I got presented again
a login prompt (like an agetty restarted in that terminal). After
that, either bash or agetty grab the chars I send.

I thought I understood upstart quite well, but I don't understand the
kind of 'magic' in /etc/event.d/serial.
Don't you experience the same?

Regards,
Lluís.