[fedora-arm] Embedded SIG ( Re:Including RTEMS in FEL)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 15 16:59:49 UTC 2009

Hello dear Embedded SIG,

We have received many requests from users for more embedded support on
fedora. My knowledge in this field is limited and thereby I'm reaching
to you.

Currently, at Fedora, we have Fedora-Electronic-Lab, Fedora Arm and
Fedora Embedded all focussing on different kind of electronics. The
actual status is FEL and F-arm have a mailing list and leaving
Embedded SIG on "one on one" contact. But F-arm mailing list does not
have any traffic. Thereby I'm inviting you to join FEL mailing list

in hope to join forces and provide a better design and simulation
platform on fedora.

During FOSDEM, I talked to Max and Greg requesting them to get someone
inside RH to include eCos on fedora. However it is not very clear for
many people in terms of embedded where is the limit. Is it only design
tools or should provide an additional OS ? This question has popped
several times and needs your input to clarify our roadmap.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh