[fedora-arm] Ok, my ARM machine works quite well, but how can I help you?

Jiri Pirko jpirko at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 15:27:39 UTC 2009

Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 05:18:29PM CEST, lemenkov at gmail.com wrote:

>> I want to do the same for Beagleboard. Also I'm thinking about adding kernel rpm
>> directly for Beagle. Is there any activity to build board-specific kernels?
>
>Someone created pre-built kernel for SheevaPlug. That's all AFAIK.
>Anyway, we should start providing them. But before, I think that we
>should come to an agreement regarding common subset of kernel features
>(filesystems, handware, etc). I thinkit may simplify the process of
>creating rpms.

Agree, but this would be very board-spacific. But e.g. config options for
usb-devices etc should should be the same.

>>>Cool, lets put it in a wiki page under the Fedora-ARM page, which hosts instructions for setting up various boards.
>>
>> Can you point me an url? Thanks.
>
>Right now, there is only one howto in fedora-wiki:
>
>https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/HowToQemu

Oh :) I found this. I expected actual device... np

Jirka

>I'll add another one, but only after successful u-boot compilation.

I see. I have u-boot and X-loader (lower loader for OMAP cpus) copiled by myself
already. I will follow your pattern then :)

Jirka