[fedora-arm] armv4 build

Frank ultima.ratio.regum69 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:17:07 UTC 2009

in fact, you have an arm compiler.

On Fedora/Arm page, you'll find everything to setup an ARM/Fedora
under QEMU ; look at pre-built Root FileSystem (or RFS).
So, you can boot you virtual ARM machine, setup a build environment
(yum install ... ) and compile your packages.
Fedora provides you all packages to build a more or less complete ARM-distro.

Cross-compiling isn't always a good idea, because you can't run
self-tests (some packages do that to confirm everything is ok) at the
end of building process.

Frank