[fedora-arm] SELinux on F11 on ARM (in QEMU)?

Per Nystrom pnystrom at netmagic.net
Fri Oct 23 17:24:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 12:31 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 21:54 -0700, Per Nystrom wrote:
>
> > But I have nothing in /dev/ except console, null, and zero so I can't
> > actually fsck root.  Not that it really needs it -- when I reboot with
> > selinux=0 it comes up normally and with a clean root filesystem.
>
> I think your disk needs relabeling. You might need to do a
>
> touch /.autorelabel

I did this, but I don't think it ever gets to that point in the boot
sequence.

> and then boot with selinux=permissive. You also might be able to just do
>
> restorecon -i -r /
>
> from the maintenance mode.

I can't do anything from maintenance mode: the root filesystem is
mounted read only but its block device doesn't exist under /dev:

(Repair filesystem) 3 # df
/dev/sda               4128320   1224236   2694320  32% /
(Repair filesystem) 4 # ls -l /dev/sda
ls: cannot access /dev/sda: No such file or directory

> > So I can confirm that the patch doesn't break anything if selinux is
> > disabled, but we're not quite there yet for selinux without initrd.
>
> One other question, is this ext3 and it has ACL enabled, too?
>
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
> CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y

Actually I'm on EXT2 right now but could easily change it to ext3.  Here
are the relative bits from my kernel .config:

egrep "(FS_XATTR|FS_POSIX_ACL|
FS_SECURITY)" /var/tmp/linux-2.6.31.4/.config
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y