[fedora-arm] Xorg Keyboard Problem on Toshiba AC100

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Dec 27 01:40:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm having severe keyboard issues on the Toshiba AC100 under Xorg.
Keyboard doesn't work _at all_. In xorg.conf, everything seems to be OK,
it finds the keyboard and the mouse.

The only odd thing is that it also detects the webcam and says it thinks
it is a keyboard. I have removed the /dev/input/event3 node that the
webcam uses and added a fdi policy file to ensure that HAL ignores it
(and verified that it is in fact ignoring it). So I am reasonably
confident that this isn't the core of the problem.

Unfortunately, since there are no obvious errors in the Xorg log, I'm
not sure where to look for the problem next. The text mode console works
fine, but Xorg seems to ignore the keyboard inputs. I have looked at the
wiki page here on the subject

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EvdevInputDriver

and that says that situations like this should be deemed critical bugs.
How can I get to the bottom of what is actually causing the problem?

Gordan