[fedora-arm] Maemo / Moblin / MeeGo

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:23:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > ''The initial goal is to get rid of the F12 dependency and start build
> > MeeGo ARM in a self-contain environment.''
> ><snip>
>
> Awwwww .... sadface. So are both Moblin and Maemo dropping their
> inherited distro dependencies? Should we expect to see a new breed of
> distro spawn from the depths of Intel+Nokia?

Moblin has always been like that. They used Fedora packages and the core
distro style (moblin-release etc) but compile it using the SuSE toolchain in
the SuSE OBS. This was the case for Moblin >= 2.0. So even though the
packages were based on our F-11 pre release (I think it was that release)
and they have the ChangeLog etc they aren't really binary compatible so are
for all intents and purposes another distro.