[fedora-arm] GuruPlug wireless?

Manas Saksena msaksena at marvell.com
Tue Jul 6 22:54:24 UTC 2010

Jon Hermansen wrote:
>>   > what are the wireless chip in guruplug ?
>>
>> It's a Marvell Libertas sd8686.
>>

> For some reason, with the stock OS on my GuruPlug Server Plus, the
> files left (by Globalscale, presumably) in /root/firmware/ were
> called sd8688.bin and sd8688_helper.bin.
>
> I wonder, is the difference in chipset model name purely cosmetic?
> The kmod for my wireless device is uap8xxx.

The chipset is indeed SD-8688 and not SD-8686. The 8688 is
a more recent chip and has both wi-fi and bluetooth support.

http://www.marvell.com/products/wireless/8688.pdf

And, depending on the firmware used, it can be a wifi client or
wifi access point. The client support is in upstream kernels as
the libertas driver.

http://plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/GuruPlug

has more information in case you havent seen it yet.

Regards,
Manas Saksena