[fedora-arm] Kernels for common arm devices

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:00:18 UTC 2010

Hi All,

With the ARM secondary arch slowly ramping up and more cheap arm
devices becoming available I think it would be useful to provide some
ARM kernel images for some common devices out there to make it easier
for developers and testers to get involved without having to compile
their own kernel first. How hard would this be to do, sort of like
i386 provides a PAE and non PAE kernel.

I think the 3 devices that would be a good start are the ones that are
already running in the koji instance as they are commonly available
and someone has obviously done the work to work out what is needed.

>From there the other devices that come to mind are the Nokia n900
(should be able to borrow the kernel config from MeeGo) and
BeagleBoard (I think MeeGo has one for this too). It might even be
possible to use the MeeGo kernels with a Fedora rootfs.

Thoughts?

Cheers,