[fedora-arm] Kernel failing to boot at guruplug

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jul 21 13:02:50 UTC 2010

On 07/21/10 13:54, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> So... now I am stuck @ this:
>
> *....*
> *EXT2-fs (sdb1): warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is
> recommended *
> *VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) on device 8:17. *
> *Freeing init memory: 148K*
> *
> *
> I rechecked the device, but it is just fine. I allready did a
> googlesearch, but the result only told me about vague debugging symbols
> or debuggers itself which treat kernel memory alloc as fail and lock the
> boot process (or so). But nothing howto effectivly fix it. Any idea?
>
> Note: I can boot into the debian envornment on NAND just fine. As soon
> as I try to boot from SD(hc) card into the F12-rootfs it freezes at that
> point. I can do no more input via minicom at that point of time.
>
> Any ideas? Help appreciated.

It looks like you are running, there's no error there.

I would add "init=/bin/bash" to the kernel commandline and eliminate
problems with init / upstart or whatever then.  You should get a bash
prompt immediately.

You need a fair amount of goodies in /dev, including things like
/dev/console and so on.

-Andy