[fedora-arm] Kernel failing to boot at guruplug

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jul 22 15:18:45 UTC 2010

On 07/22/10 14:18, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

>>     agetty /dev/ttymxc0 115200 vt100-nav

> Some weeks ago I allready used the fedora rootfs in combination with the
> factory kernel / uboot, which did not use the init boot option. How did

Yeah without init= it defaults to the distro /sbin/init, which fires up
all the initscripts accordingly.  It's really slow.

> they achiev it to get a login prompt? What did they do, I am really
> curious and would like to recreate that behaviour

I also did this a while back, it needed meddling in /etc/securetty and
at that time /etc/inittab, nowadays it seems you have to meddle with
upstart stuff somehow.

Or, cut out all the slow init stuff and run it by hand on your serial
console as shown in the previous mail.

-Andy