[fedora-arm] Cheap ARM devices

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 4 14:41:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I just saw these ARM9 based Archos devices on LinuxDevices. They're sub $200
> so might be a worth while target for Fedora support as they're relatively
> cheap.
> http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Archos-Home-Tablets/?kc=rss
> Cheers,
> Peter

They are slated for release next month and I already have plans to
pick up the $179 model as I'm always short on cash but would love
something to hack on and I think this would be a justified expense. I
have plans to use the tablet as my Linux/Fedora embedded/ARM learning
platform so I can't promise much in terms of results, but the end goal
would definitely be to have fedora running on there with some sort of
graphical environment (I'm thinking maybe KDE since it has a really
good on screen keyboard, but I'm open to suggestion).

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com