[fedora-arm] Flash GuruPlug NAND without JTAG cable?

Norbert Wegener nw at wegener-net.de
Wed May 12 12:27:55 UTC 2010

Hi Mahavir
I changed the settings accordingly to:

# MTD device name        Device offset        Env. size        Flash
sector size        Number of sectors

# NAND example
/dev/mtd0               0x60000                 0x20000
0x20000                        1

Nevertheless the Bad CRC stays with fw_printenv:

uncorrectable error : Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
bootcmd=bootp; setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath}
ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:${hostname}::off; bootm
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200

root at sheeva:~# ./fw_setenv x_bootargs_root 'root=/dev/sda1 rootwait'^M
Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment^M
root at sheeva:~# exit^
reboot again does not work and again uboot has to be reinstalled.
Regards
Norbert