[fedora-arm] Fedora XO 1.5 on Android tablets

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Sat Sep 4 10:00:01 UTC 2010

2010/9/4 Narendra Sisodiya <narendra at narendrasisodiya.com>

> 2010/9/4 Henrik Nordström <henrik at henriknordstrom.net>
>
> lör 2010-09-04 klockan 00:36 +0530 skrev Narendra Sisodiya:
>>

>> > I was talking about generics steps and existing work.
>>
>> It's hard to speak about generic steps here. But afaik no efforts have
>> been put into making a Fedora ARM Tablet edition if that is what you
>> wonder. But Fedora in general do contain all the stuff you need for a
>> nice tablet experience.
>>
>> The hardest part in getting a new device running is getting a working
>> kernel + bootloader access.
>

> The CPU is Marvell Aspen 88AP166.
> But as far as, I know that Debian and fedora has ARM port. If there is a
> CPU which is based on ARM, then it should work. I know this is not
> completely true.

I am not worrying about bootloader as I can get development platform.
If I try like -
using virtualbox (ARM) and install fedora ARM over it. installating OLPC
desktop interface, removing gnome desktop manager, creating live usb/iso out
of this installation. mount liveusb and extract rootfs. now using rootfs
and development platform , I will boot with iso or rootfs.

Does it sound any meaningful ? I am not a expert in this kind of job.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya