[fedora-arm] Fedora 14 on ARM status update

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:42:08 UTC 2011

Hi All,

A status update on F-14 on armv5tel because I've been somewhat quiet of late....

I believe we're going reasonably well although its not running as fast
as I would like.

We're nearing the end of the build-previous run. From there in the
next couple of days I should be able to switch over to running
koji-shadow and we'll move forward again.

I have a number of problematic packages that I would like some help
with. gcc/glibc/libffi/java/perl/python/binutils come to mind. In some
cases I have work arounds or patches in that are less than ideal so I
would love someone with more of a clue than myself to help out if
possible. I'll post a reply to this mail with more details of exact
packages over the weekend so people can help out and hack on it all.

We have enough of F-14 built that OLPC has moved over to F-14 for
builds on ARM on the XO and we're seeing some decent speed
improvements over F-13 on the same devices :-)

I plan to get out a new updated alpha minimal rootfs next week
sometime (I currently don't have broadband or I'd do it this weekend)
and I plan on adding a smartbook image to that as well to assist in
testing.

I'm still calling it alpha as we're still not signing packages. That
should hopefully be sorted before long.

Cheers,