[fedora-arm] Kaymap not surviving reboot

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sun Aug 7 18:18:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm seeing a weird problem on my ARM laptop - keymap settings aren't
surviving a reboot. Once I fire up system-config-keyboard (GUI version)
and set it (it seems to remember the correct map, just have to hit OK),
the mappings are correct. After a reboot, it's defaulted to the US map
again (I have UK keyboard).

I have tried symlinking defkeymap.map.gz -> uk.map.gz in
/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty, and that didn't help. My
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard seems to be correct:
KEYTABLE="uk"
MODEL="pc105"
LAYOUT="gb"
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"