[fedora-arm] Freescale iMX53 Quick Start board

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Fri Aug 12 14:59:59 UTC 2011

Nice!

Is there an open source video driver for these yet? :)

It appears the cheapest one I have seen that has armv7, neon, video
(vga) out, optional hdmi/touchscreen and sata (and native booting from
sata even though it is a permanent change.)

Quoting Steve McIntyre <steve.mcintyre at linaro.org>:

> Hi folks,
>
> We've got a number of discount vouchers for these, ready to give away
> to any deserving folks. Normal price is USD 149, but the voucher saves
> USD 50. See
>
>  http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB
>
> for more details about the hardware. We're looking to purchase a
> number of these for buildds for the Debian armhf port, and they look
> like a reasonable cheap dev board for a variety of purposes.
>
> If you'd like a voucher, mail me. Be aware: these have a limited life
> and expire at the *end of August*.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Steve McIntyre                                steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
> <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any
attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations
hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail
have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter
concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address
for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by
replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its
attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."