[fedora-arm] ARM F-14 Branched report: 20110823 changes

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Aug 23 18:47:09 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 09:18:56 AM ARM Branched Report wrote:
> kernel-2.6.40.3-0.fc14
> ----------------------
> * Wed Aug 17 2011 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>
> - add patch to correctly initialise usb on trimslice systems
> - build in usb-storage on tegra, internal ssd on trimslice is connected to
> usb
>
> * Tue Aug 16 2011 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>
> - add patch to work around gcc bug on arm
>
> * Mon Aug 15 2011 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com> 2.6.40.3-0
> - Apply patches from 3.0.3-rc1
>
> * Mon Aug 15 2011 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - Apply patches from 3.0.2
>
> * Mon Aug 15 2011 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - CVE-2011-2905 perf tools may parse user-controlled config file. (rhbz
> 729809)
>
> * Sat Aug 13 2011 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - Apply patches from 3.0.2rc1
>
> * Thu Aug 11 2011 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>
> - add config for arm tegra devices
> - setup kernel to build omap image (patch from David Marlin)
> - setup kernel to build tegra image based on omap work
> - add arm device tree patches
>
> * Thu Aug 11 2011 Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>
> - Add munged together patch for rhbz 729269
>
> * Thu Aug 11 2011 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - Fix Xen blk device naming (rhbz 729340)
>
> * Tue Aug 09 2011 Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>
> - Add Makefile.config and ARM config changes from David Marlin

so what we have in the repo now with this kernel build is a kernel-omap rpm
thats been tested on beagleboards and pandaboards, as well as a kernel-tegra
rpm thats been tested on trimslices and is known to not work on ac100's  as
well as a plain kernel rpm that has a image suitable for use in qemu but has
not really been tested yet. there is work going on to get a kernel-kirkwood
rpm that will be suitable for use on guruplugs and sheevaplugs. if there is
otherhardware people have out there that we could build kernel rpms for please
speak up.

we do have a couple of folks looking at getting a patchset that can be used to
make a kernel-imx for smartbooks and smarttops as well as other freescale
boards.

Dennis