[fedora-arm] ARMv7hl build failure

David Marlin dmarlin at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 16:12:28 UTC 2011

I was looking at some of the package build failures and saw that the
package gettext is failing due to test failures.  Looking on the web I
see that others have indicated that the test that fails may be related
to the gnulib used for m4:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-m4/2011-07/msg00003.html

   "This is failing with EINVAL instead of ENOENT, which is contrary
    to POSIX. However, this kernel bug has already been papered over
    in gnulib, which means that it is merely a matter of updating m4
    to use newer gnulib to make this test failure go away."

It looks like the "fix"/workaround (if it is indeed correct) may have
come after we built m4 for stage3.

I'm not that familiar with the stage3 builds, and what may or may not
have been done to get them to build for ARM, so if someone familiar with
it would not mind looking into this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

d.marlin