[fedora-arm] Update on ARMv5/v7 building?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:08:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Can you let us know where things stand now? And can you include an idea
> of how many packages remain to be built?

There appeared to be not script running over the weekend. dgilmore and
I were dealing with builds but there is no current mass rebuild
running. Also see my email about issues and inconsistencies with the
koji builders which is causing us some issues with some pretty core
packagers that need to be fixed. We also don't yet have koji build
gcc/python and other core packages that need to be built before we can
kick of koji-shadow which is really what we need to be running.

> I think we should spend some time this week collectively planning for
> switching gears to rawhide bringup once there are enough packages to
> make that an interesting goal, with F15 continuing in the background.

We're not there yet. I'm watching it very closely and doing some
preparatory work (importing of noarch etc) so I can run when we're
able to go. For upstreaming I believe we're still missing some patches
to gcc to get it building from rawhide, I think we have all in glibc
but it would be good to have confirmation of this.