[fedora-arm] Meeting tomorrow at 3pm UTC (10am EST)

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 8 15:03:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Jon Masters <jcm at redhat.com> wrote:
> 0). Package build status (Jon? Jared?)
>        - How many packages are now build in Koji, which have failed.
>          how close are we to having the minimal install set?

We're fairly close to having the minimal install set done for F15 on
both v5 and v7hl.  I've knocked off all of the low hanging fruit for
the minimal install set (~198 packages), and am now working on the
low-hanging fruit of the "critical path" package set (~570 packages).

> 1). Packages that require attention
>        - We discussed gcc/glibc a bit so far
>        - Also other packages, make sure everyone knows what's needed.
>        - Timeline for being able to get these fixed.

My list of problematic packages for the minimal installation set,
along a brief explanation of why they're failing:

coreutils
* Known problem -- pbrobinson emailed the list about it a few days
ago, with no response
findutils
* Known problem -- pbrobinson emailed the list about it a few days
ago, with no response
* May be related to
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2011-03/msg00308.html
gcc
* Who is building it, and what version?
gnupg2
* Build error: *** longjmp causes uninitialized stack frame ***:
../../agent/gpg-agent terminated
python
* Still building

There are still a long list of dependencies missing for "critical
path", but that's not as vital to move on to rawhide as the minimal
install set is.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader