[fedora-arm] PogoPlug E02 -- 25 bucks.

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Dec 12 21:43:38 UTC 2011

mån 2011-12-12 klockan 11:28 -0500 skrev omalleys at msu.edu:

> The pogoplugs depending on the version, can ship with an oxnas armv6
> processor though which is different then the guru/ultra plugs.
> Supposedly there are some proprietary driver issues, according to the
> archlinux site.

I haven not seen much issues with proprietary drivers in oxnas (any
version), but it's a cpu manufacturer who is not at all trying to
upstream their changes so you still get pretty locked down in very old
kernel versions (i.e. 2.6.31 which is the latest oxnas kernel) unless
you want to spend a lot of time on maintaining the kernel. I spent quite
a bit of time on adding oxnas support to 2.6.37 some years ago, but in
the end decided it's not worth the effort to finish it up.

And from what it looks from the pogoplug open source page even the
wireless driever is all open source.

Regards
Henrik