[fedora-arm] builder io isue

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Dec 25 05:25:56 UTC 2011

When we were testing build were happening really fast, once we loaded
up the build jobs things have become really slow

http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=238672 started
at 1:19 utc and at 5:18 utc  four hours later the buildrequires are
still being installed. australia is completely io bound. i think we
need to see how we can spread the io load. ~30 hosts reading and
writing to the 4 spindles just saturates the disk io.  i guess options
are find a way to add more spindles. move /var/lib/mock to sdcard, see
if we can get some kind of san that has alot of smaller fast disks. get
some 2.5" usb drives one for each builder. some other idea?  is there
anyway we could add 4-8 more disks to australia. the size of the
matters little. gaining more iops by adding more spindles would help.

Just throwing out what im seeing. lets see what ideas we can come up
with.  performance is better than before. and seneca has done a great
job and put a lot of hard work into the reorg and im thankful for that.
We just have another bottleneck to address.