[fedora-arm] Fedora 13 ARM Beta Release

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Feb 23 22:59:32 UTC 2011

On 02/23/2011 05:52 PM, Paul Whalen wrote:

> The Fedora 13 ARM Beta is now available for download. There are still a
> number of packages that haven’t been built for ARM due to build failures
> or missing dependencies.

Presumably, for those of us that started with the Alpha (or yum updated
from F12), a simple yum update from the koji repository will get us up
to date?

Is the yum baseurl still the same? Or is there a more proper/permanent
baseurl to use?

> We’re a little behind the primary architectures
> so we have the ability to look at later releases to see if these
> failures have been fixed – thankfully a large number include support for
> ARM. Because of this we expect that with Fedora 14 and 15 we will be
> closer in line with the primary architectures.
[...]
 > We will now be working to get the remaining packages in Fedora 13
 > built, then move on to updates and Fedora 14.

There are a number of things that have only started to build properly on
ARM with the latest rawhide (i.e. post F15 branch). dietlibc is one
example. LibreOffice may turn out to be another (3.3.0.4 from rawhide -
my build is at 57 hours and still going, on a SheevaPlug, which is a lot
further than it got before).

Until most things build out of the box on the baseline distro is there
really much point in following the main release versions (F14 and F15)?
Would it perhaps make more sense to just follow rawhide until we can
actually lock-step with the primary releases, or at least follow with a
sub-release-interval delay?

Gordan