[fedora-arm] dietlibc port?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Jan 7 08:04:55 UTC 2011

On 01/07/11 00:34, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

Hi -

> 0x00008230 in ?? ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> Cannot access memory at address 0x0
> #0  0x00008230 in ?? ()
> #1  0x000081dc in __libc_exit (code=0) at lib/atexit.c:25
> #2  0x00008104 in _start () at arm/start.S:34
>
> So the problem seems to be in arm/start.S on line 34.

No, the backtrace starts with the deepest call.

The problem is inside __libc_exit we end up at 0x8230 and then jump to
0x0.  0x8230 looks fairly sane as an address so you need to disassemble
from a bit before there and see what you see.

> It's almost half tempting to install the broken build for dependency's
> sake and see if util-vserver actually trips any of it at run-time. But I
> am a little concerned WRT whether this actually works and passes all
> self-tests even on x86 Fedora.

It might be worth asking the dietlibc dude if the tests are even
expected to work OK on ARM.  I saw he has a FAQ explaining why "this
variable may be used uninitialized" warnings are WONTFIX because he
thinks they save a byte or two, that is not the best sign.

-Andy