[fedora-arm] Broken sha512sum in coreutils

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Jan 7 20:17:26 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 08:13 PM, Andy Green wrote:

>> counters haven't increased at all, my guess is that it all happened last
>> night when I was building/testing dietlibc stuff. I'll test that
>> hypothesis when the new kernel is built.
>
> Fine but what has happened with your sha512sum then?

That didn't cause thousands of errors, only a handful - it wasn't being
used much. The only thing I can think if that could have produced that
may alignment errors (and segfaults to go with them, as it happens) was
what I was doing with dietlibc.

> Is it the case that
> somehow the shared libc in memory is the dietlibc one? Maybe if you
> reboot without touching anything that touches dietlibc you won't see
> this issue again and the whole thing is a painful lesson to leave
> dietlibc the hell alone ^^

I don't really see how. As I said, dietlibc is long uninstalled and the
boot-up still trips this 24+1 times. I think the coreutils bug was a
separate one. Now I just need to find what is causing the remaining few
alignment issues.

Gordan