[fedora-arm] Broken sha512sum in coreutils

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 8 10:02:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 09:54 +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> I would like to offer a counter-proposal - no package is accepted into
> Fedora (ARM?) until it stops generating misalignment warnings. That way
> there might actually be some effort toward getting things fixed rather
> than just glazing over the problem. From what I can see, relatively few
> things in the base distribution do actually trip the problem (one
> exception being DeviceKit-disks package that I mentioned earlier - will
> file a bugzilla on that later).

This proposal sounds far more reasonable, and it has the added benefit
that other similar architectures in future won't have to worry about
alignment biting - and besides, while ARMv7 is pretty much safe, there's
a lot of older stuff out there (ARMv4 is now officially deprecated, but
that leaves several other architecture revisions in current use).

Jon.