[fedora-arm] uImage-2.6.30-sheevaplug is definitely broken

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Sat Jan 8 15:44:29 UTC 2011

My guruplug shipped with 2.6.32, I don't think there is a lot of
hardware differences between that and the sheeva.

You might try:
http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Re-building_the_kernel_and_U-Boot

I just rolled the kernel last night as I need CONFIG_KEYS=y to
run/build AFS and they just did a pre-release of 1.6 and I wanted to
test the build.

I don't recall exactly if it is in uboot, the kernel or a combination
of the two.

Quoting "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com>:

> Just a note to say that I'm having the precise same problem described
> here:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2010-December/thread.html#786
>
> 'Mojibake' after the kernel is uncompressed.  No tty settings seem to
> fix it[*].
>
> The wiki links to the uImage-2.6.30-sheevaplug image all over, but it
> is definitely broken either inherently or just with the latest
> SheevaPlug hardware.
>
> Rich.
>
> [*] How on earth did someone decide it was a good idea for USB serial
> to suffer from all the same configuration problems as RS-232?  The
> 1980s called ...
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines.  Tiny program with many
> powerful monitoring features, net stats, disk stats, logging, etc.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any
attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations
hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail
have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter
concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address
for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by
replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its
attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."