[fedora-arm] Broken sha512sum in coreutils / forcing alignment fixup and logging in initscripts

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Jan 9 17:34:20 UTC 2011

On 01/09/11 17:15, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

> What you are talking about is a Segfault release. like make rawhide,

This isn't a compile option that is distro-wide: you can add or edit a
line to your initscripts that pokes /proc how you like and you're
segfaulting away any time you like assuming your hardware doesn't fix
them up magically already.

> The logistics of fixing all of them even for large projects is going
> to take a long time unless someone has a killer compiler that can do
> like a direct download from git, compile it, find the errors, fix the
> errors and submit the patches back that make sense.  :P

Personally I see zero alignment faults from kernel or userspace right
now and my hardware doesn't fix up.  There's no huge mountain of
problems to find and clean: wise ancients that went before us have done
almost all the work.

We just need to solve any few lurking about or that are introduced in
future, default to log + fix is enough and anyone that wants to have a
"kill on sight" policy can override it.

-Andy