[fedora-arm] New Packages and Policy Questions

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Jan 17 12:09:39 UTC 2011

Peter Robinson wrote:

>> Plus, text mode console switch no longer works one you get into X.
>>
>> There was, however, some success recently in getting one of acceleration
>> APIs working with mplayer, based on hardware acceleration of the Tegra.
>>
>> Are you on the AC100 IRC channel?
>
> No (not sure what it is) but I am on #fedora-arm and #fedora-mobility

Try #ac100 on freenode. The people there are quite helpful. Just /ignore
the occasional Atom troll(s?). ;)

>>> Interesting, I'm looking at this closer as I have one of these devices
>>> myself. The keyboard/mouse reports its attached to the old style ps2
>>> keyboard/mouse interfaces.
>> AFAIK they are attached to the NvEc interfaces. One of the people on the
>> mailing list was working on getting these to work on a more recent
>> kernel, but with limited success so far - it isn't as trivial as one
>> might hope.
>>
>> There is some hope that Toshiba will provide Android 2.2 for the AC100
>> in the near future which should come, in theory, with a 2.6.32.x kernel,
>> which will hopefully make things a little easier for us WRT nvidia
>> driver compatibility, but Toshiba's interest in supporting the AC100
>> seems to be diminishing by the day.
>
> Well there was an update to the toshiba update utility this week so
> with luck that's the prep for 2.2, then someone will need to chase
> them for that code drop.

In fairness, they were reasonably OK WRT providing the GPL based code so
far. I certainly hope the update will be arriving soon - it would make
life a lot easier with a few things.

>>> Works fine with the fbdev on the 2.6.29 kernel using the F-13 and the
>>> fbdev X driver. In the 2.6.37 and already pending for the .38 series
>>> there's been a lot of tegra drivers make it to the mainline kernel so
>>> it will be interesting to see what's missing / remaining / different
>>> on the toshiba side of development.
>> As I said, last I checked the keyboard/mouse didn't work with newer
>> kernels at the moment, and carrying an USB mouse/keyboard isn't really
>> an acceptable solution for a netbook.
>
> Nope, and esp with only one usb port.

That's really a negligible problem relative to the rest - a number of
keyboards come with a built in USB hub with an extra port.

Gordan