[fedora-arm] Fedora 15 ARM hardfp Virtual FAD (Fedora Activity Day) - FRIDAY

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 04:52:39 UTC 2011

Folks,

We are hosting another one of our regular Fedora 15 hardfp Virtual
Fedora Activity Day today Friday July 8th, at 14:00UTC (10:00 Eastern
Daylight Time). The purpose of this session is to co-ordinate the
bootstrap of F15 hardfp (hardware floating point). Going forward, the
proposal is that these remain on Fridays, and at the same time.

Last week, we succeeded in reaching a point where we have a native RPM
(and therefore rpmbuild) running, and we are therefore now entering what
we call "stage3" (stage1 was cross-compilation, stage2 was limited
native building from the sources) in which we can build packages
natively. Dennis has made some progress building python and a priority
will be to get native packages built sufficient to have a python RPM.
Once we have python, we then get to yum, mock, and finally Koji. At that
point, we just have to rebuild everything twice more (once in rpmbuild,
then use those bits in a full koji) before we can build the many more
packages we will require for a self-hosted system! Lots of fun! :)

You can find a lot more detail here, along with all the pre-reqs/bits:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora15_HardFP_Bootstrap_Virtual_FAD_20110708

That page contains links to the general instructions on (note that
documentation on "stage3" is being updated, by me, at the moment - the
above link has some notes sufficient for Friday, but these will be
incorporated into the generic instructions I link to below):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Fedora15_HardFP_Bootstrap

Be sure you follow the instructions to use an armv7hl-YOUR_FAS_USERNAME
or group name branch so that we can track who is doing what, and more
easily back out changes if you/we discover a problem with your setup.

Jon.