[fedora-arm] Is a recent arm cross compiler available?

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 14:15:19 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have an Efika MX smartbook running the Fedora 13 images on http://ausil.us/smartbook/. I would like to build kernels using a cross compiler as described on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/CrossToolchain because the workstation is much faster than the 800MHz arm in the smartbook. However, the cross compiler suggested (http://mirrorlist.fedora-arm.wantstofly.org/?repo=cross&arch=x86_64) is relative old (April 2008) and does not understand the the "-mcpu=cortex-a8" option required to build the newer kernel. Is there a newer cross compiler packages somewhere?

-Will