[fedora-arm] Bogus "hongkong" host entries in F14 ARM koji repo

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jul 26 16:33:07 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 09:46:17 AM Dan Horák wrote:
> Chris Tyler píše v Út 26. 07. 2011 v 10:26 -0400:
> > On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 09:59 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> > > Looks like it's still there. Who can fix it? How to fix it?
> >
> > Hongkong is the true hostname of a.k.fp.o and those packages were
> > imported way back ... What we should probably do is rebuild those
> > packages, since they're imported from the previous F12 effort Should be
> > a relatively straightforward rebuild, unless they're FTBFS, in which
> > case we should know about and fix that, too.
>
> wouldn't be a full rebuild of the repository information sufficient (if
> possible)? koji does only incremental changes to the existing repo AFAIK
>

> Dan
The issue is that the external repo si configured to not use a FQDN, which is
somethning that should never ever be done, regardless its done, at some point
we need to just drop that external repo. its not referenced and the packages
pulled in from it are not in the Real repos.  im not sure what tools your
using martin, a workaround would be to just use a alias in /etc/hosts.

We really at this point should just drop the external repo and deal with the
consequences.

anything pulled in from the external repository does need to be built. ive
changed the url n koji. to use the fqdn. ill mark the current repos as invalid
so that the repo metadata is rebuilt from scratch.

Dennis