[fedora-arm] Advice for tablets to run Fedora ARM on?

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 30 17:10:41 UTC 2011

Hi Stuart,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 07:42:00PM +0100, Stuart Mumford wrote:
>  I have an Advent Vega, which costs 200 GBP and has a NVidia tegra and a
> full size USB A port and HDMI port.
>
> I would be willing to test / work on a Fedora bulid for such a device.

Maybe you have done some research/tests on the Advent Vega already? If
so, maybe you can answer some of the following questions?
- Is it possible to use a serial-console and/or attach a JTAG debugger?
- Are all required drivers available in the mainline Linux kernel?
- Does is require any non-public Xorg drivers (display, touch, ..)?
- Can it boot from a non-internal (SD, USB-stick, ...) storage?

Some colleagues/friends/etc would like to do some work for a Fedora
Tablet edition, any details or pointers on what hardware is easy to use
and develop on is much appreciated. When something serious takes off,
this list will likely be one of the main communication channels.

Thanks again,
Niels