[fedora-arm] smsc95xx performance bug: eth vs usb

Jeffrey Bastian jbastian at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 16:50:22 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-31 10:00, Jeffrey Bastian wrote:
> I recently ran some bonnie++ benchmarks against both an SD card and a
> USB 2.0 hard drive and I was seeing about 10 MB/sec on the USB drive.
> http://jeffbastian.blogspot.com/2011/05/storage-speed-on-pandaboard.html
>
> This was with the 2.6.35-g6d019da-dirty kernel.
>
> I'll have to try this again with the pings and see if that improves the
> performance.

I ran bonnie++ again on my PandaBoard with a USB hard drive and I also
saw the performance double when I was pinging the system.  I'm now
getting 18 MB/sec writes and 24 MB/sec reads.

I posted the full bonnie++ results at:
http://jeffbastian.blogspot.com/2011/06/storage-speed-on-pandaboard-revisited.html

Jeff