[fedora-arm] What is the best way to fix build issues with Fedora 13 RPMs?

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 6 14:45:15 UTC 2011

Hello all,

it looks like not all Fedora 13 packages can be build on ARM yet. For
some packages there have been tickets opened at the Trac instance:
- https://fedorahosted.org/arm/report/1

I'd like to help out with building these packages, but am not a
'proven packager' [1], so I can not fix the issues completely and rely
on the package maintainer or other proven packagers. What I am doing
right now is filing bugs against the packages that can not be build on
ARM. I'm including pointers to the issue and propose fixes, like:
- Bug 682515 - libgda-4.1.4-1.fc13.src.rpm does not rebuild on Fedora 13 for ARM
- Bug 682538 - geos-3.2.1-1.fc13.src.rpm does not build on Fedora-13 for ARM

These bugs are blockers for the ARMTracker which make them easily findable:
- https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=245418&hide_resolved=1

However there are quite some more packages failing the build process:
- https://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds

I'd like some advise on the best/efficient way forward. Any other
thoughts are also more than welcome!

Possibly I could request to become a proven packager [2], but I do not
know if fixing building ARM-packages is enough to get FESCo approve my
request.

Many thanks,
Niels

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy