[fedora-arm] Building Updates

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Tue Mar 8 13:30:15 UTC 2011

Chris Tyler píše v Út 08. 03. 2011 v 08:18 -0500:
> (Cross-posted to arm@ and secondary@)
>
> We're approaching the release of F13 for ARM. It's about to hit EOL on
> the primary archs, so it has a short shelf life, but I'm going to use
> that time to figure out the best process for building updates -- with a
> goal of having the updates procedure well in hand by the time we hit F15
> on ARM. (Paul Whalen, meanwhile, is going to continue to head up the
> drive towards the F14/F15 ARM releases).
>
> On the primary archs (PA), updates are built, targeted at
> dist-fX-updates-candidate, then shepherded via Bodhi through a sequence
> of tags:
>
> dist-fX-updates-candidate ->
>   dist-fX-updates-testing-pending ->
>     dist-fX-updates-testing ->
>       dist-fX-updates-pending
>         dist-fX-updates
>
> There are a few options here:
> [A] Use koji-shadow against dist-fX-updates-candidate PA (and targeting
> dist-fX-updates-candidate SA) and use a separate process to manage the
> tag-shadowing between PA and SA.
>
> [B] Watch dist-fX-updates PA for packages tagged in, and then build
> those, targeted to dist-fX-updates on the SA. This saves a bunch of
> package building on the SA side (though I'm not sure what the ratio is
> between packages built and pushed to stable).
>
> I'm leaning towards some version of [B]. Any thoughts/comments on this
> approach?

On s390x I'm using koji-shadow against dist-fX-updates and it works
well. koji-shadow (with a minor update to the end-of-cycle condition)
was running in a daily cron job for some time so the delay between
updates in PA and SA was less than a day.

The [A] approach would mirror PA more closely, but the process of
releasing the candidate-updates to stable-updates complicates the thing.

Dan