[fedora-arm] armv7hl requirements

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:57:28 UTC 2011

> I think NEON is one step too far because Tegra doesn't support it, and
> Tegra is rapidly becoming very prolific in convenient form factors, such
> as these:
>
> http://www.trimslice.com
>
> http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=UK&toshibaShop=false&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&PRODUCT_ID=1091301&BV_Script=/jsp/fixup/productPage
>
> http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-ATRIX-GB-EN.alt

As far as I know, not only tegra (in big cortex famaly) doesn't
support NEON. There are other cortex without NEON support.

Anyway, I  will consider a port armv7 (with VFP) like a very good
thing (if we are talking about this), excellent for most of the new
evaluation board.

I`m a sort of newbie in ARM world, so I can excuse me if I sometimes
can tell something wrong.

Bye
Alexjan.