[fedora-arm] armv7hl requirements

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Thu May 5 14:41:32 UTC 2011

Quoting Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:

> While I like the idea of optimising for the A15 processor all
> literature I've seen on it indicates that the first silicon won't be
> available until sometime in 2012 and devices running them until 2013
> although I would like to be proved wrong. Also it appears that the A15
> will be using VFPv4 [2] so I suspect to make best use of that we'll
> need to compile for it and therefore be different again to A8/A9.

What version of ARM is Microsofts baseline going to be?

http://windows8news.com/2011/01/05/windows-8-arm-press-release-microsoft/
"Microsoft demonstrated the next version of Windows running on new SoC
platforms from Intel running on x86 architecture and from NVIDIA,
Qualcomm and Texas Instruments on ARM architecture."

"The technology demonstration included Windows client support across a
range of scenarios, such as hardware-accelerated graphics and media
playback, hardware-accelerated Web browsing ..."

I'm guessing since it is windows 8, it will be the A15's.  (I don't
think they will release 8 completely in the next year or so anyway.)

Do all of these have GPGPU's (tegra2, omap4, snapdragon) too?