[fedora-arm] Stable kernel 2.6.37.6 for Fedora on Toshiba AC100 and Question

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed May 11 18:48:52 UTC 2011

On 11/05/2011 18:54, intersolar-direct wrote:
> We use Fedora rootfs from Genesi Smartbook. But we have little problem -
> FSTAB seeking rootfs in different place - mmcblk1p2
> Where need to change for FSTAB seeking rootfs in right place - mmcblk0p1 ?

If the bootstrap is anything like what it was before, I'm guessing you
forgot to change it in the initrd. The rootfs locations are hard-coded.
While you're at it, you may want to make the initrd mount the rootfs
read-only so it can be fscked by rc.sysinit. :)

> 2. Two testing - new rootFS from this
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F13-ARM-Beta2 (little hint)
> If we use new rootfs from this -
> http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/fedora-arm/beta/f13/rootfs-f13-beta3-2011-05-10.tar.bz2
> from 11-May-2011 10:52 116M - all working, but only comand prompt (NO
> GUI).

Just out of interest - do the recent nvidia drivers work properly on the
AC100 now, with decent, usable acceleration for things like video playback?

> Its requered this comand (for working wireless internet):
> apt-get install wpasupplicant
> apt-get install aptitude
> modprobe rt2800usb
> wpa_passphrase ssid password > /etc/wpa_supplicant/ssid.conf
> wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/ssid.conf -i wlan0 -D wext
> after that (download & start GNOME)
> apt-get install gnome
> apt-get install xorg

Hmm... Don't we use yum on Fedora?