[fedora-arm] Fedora 13 ARM Beta3 Release

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 13 13:37:37 UTC 2011

Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> writes:

> Paul Whalen wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce the release of Fedora 13 ARM Beta3. This
>> release includes additional software not found in Beta2, most notably
>> Abiword for your word processing needs. Unfortunately at this time we
>> are not able to offer OpenOffice due to some issues with java packages (
>> java experts we could use your help! ).
>
> Considering that Java only accounts for a small amount of seldom used
> functionality, I would suggest that building LibreOffice --without-java
> is probably the way forward for the foreseeable future.

Or we can just ignore it for F13 and worry about it for F14/15.
Considering that F13 is almost EOLed upstream I'd rather see a
less-complete F13 release and more work getting up-to-date with F14,
F15, and updates.

> Gordan

-derek