[fedora-arm] Fedora 13 ARM Beta3 Release

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri May 13 21:45:30 UTC 2011

On Friday, May 13, 2011 04:17:46 PM Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 05/13/2011 10:03 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:35:21 AM Paul Whalen wrote:
> >> We are pleased to announce the release of Fedora 13 ARM Beta3. This
> >> release includes additional software not found in Beta2, most notably
> >> Abiword for your word processing needs. Unfortunately at this time we
> >> are not able to offer OpenOffice due to some issues with java packages
> >> ( java experts we could use your help! ).
> >>

> >> A new root file system compose is available for download –
> >> http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/fedora-arm/beta/f13/rootfs-f13-beta3-201
> >> 1- 05-10.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> The latest repository –
> >> http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/mash/beta/f13-arm-2011-05-10/f13-arm/a
> >> rm /os/
> >
> > you can use
> > mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releas
> > ever&arch=arm for the mirrors.  the content has been synced to the
> > primary secondary arch mirror and will go out to all the secondary arch
> > mirrors as they sync
>
> Surely that should be made to work with arch=armv5tel rather than just
> arch=arm ?
no, the basearch for arm arches is arm  there is a bug in yum thats causing
the basearch to evaluate to armv5tel  not arm.  which means you cant have some
packages optimised for say armv6l or armv7l  while the base is armv5tel.  Im
going to look at making sure arm works right.  maybe its already done and the
yum is too old.

Dennis