[fedora-arm] Should we and where could we document tasks and their progress?

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 17 16:59:27 UTC 2011

Hello all,

there is quite some activity on this list about different topics, this
is really encouraging! I'm just wondering how (I and possibly others)
can keep track of all this. Some of the topics are quite difficult to
keep up with and some pointers to the current status or options would
be very useful imho.

Personally I only have some hours distributed across the week to spend
on Fedora ARM. I'd like to use that time as effective as possible, and
that would include writing down what I did so that others can continue
where I left.

Some of the goals/topics that were recently discussed and which I
think that would benefit from some kind of tracking-page:
- Compile options, optimizations and multi-lib (at least for an
overview of considerations, comparisons and decisions)
- kernel package(s)
- bootloader integration
- updated buildroots for mock/koji

One way of tracking progress and creating some documentation would be
a page in the wiki, something like the Feature pages as has been done
for
- systemd: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/systemd
- GNOME 3: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome3

An other option would be to file a bug in bugzilla or a ticket
(https://fedorahosted.org/arm/) and work from there. For small things
this might work, for larger tasks that require more working together
it might be unsuitable. On other topics like the optimizations it
might be sufficient to a linaro forum where most of the discussions
take place. For a generic kernel package a git-repository (like
"fedpkg clone kernel") could possibly work out as well.

My main interest would be to have it listed in a place where I can
find it and read-up. I'm happy to start documenting some specific
topics, but would like some opinions from the rest of you.

Thanks,
Niels